To my dearest Mama



When I'm lost in the rain,
In your eyes I know I'll find the light
To light my way.
And when I'm scared,
And losing ground,
When my world is going crazy,
You can turn it all around.
And when I'm down you're there
- pushing me to the top.
You're always there,
giving me all you've got.
For a shield from the storm,
For a friend, for a love
to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you.
For the strength to be strong,
For the will to carry on
For everything you do,
for everything that's true
I turn to you.

When I lose the will to win,
I just reach for you and
I can reach the sky again.
I can do anything
'Cause your love is so amazing,
'Cause your love inspires me.

And when I need a friend,
You're always on my side
Giving me faith
taking me through the night
For a shield from the storm,
For a friend, for a love
to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you.
For the strength to be strong,
For the will to carry on
For everything you do,
for everything that's true
I turn to you.
For the arms to be my shelter
through all the rain,
For truth that will never change,
For someone to lean on,
For a heart I can rely on through anything,
For that one who I can run to...
For a shield from the storm,
For a friend, for a love
to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you
For the strength to be strong,
For the will to carry on
For everything you do,
for everything that's true
I turn to you.
For a shield from the storm, 

For a friend, for a love
to keep me safe and warm
I turn to you.
For the strength to be strong,
For the will to carry on
For everything you do,
for everything that's true
I turn to you.
I turn to you...

***
沒有母親便沒有今天的我。

是你以身作則教導我倆要獨立(據說父親當年也是被她的獨立所吸引)。上sixth form之後老師常說要independent learning,原來小時候父母堅持不讓我補習就是訓練我這一點,雖然很辛苦,但是今天知道了先苦後甜的道理。今天我們兩姐弟最喜歡自己找資料看,上學固然會曾長知識,不過課外的知識更多。

是你一直支持我、相信我,每次我傷心失敗的時候,你總是微笑說:「不要緊,下次再努力。」某次測驗不及格,我哭鬧起來。你立即教訓我道:「不要浪費時間了,用心看看哪裡出錯還好。」原來媽咪是你一早就告訴我fighter的道理。以前我一直不相信自己有機會上大學,當我很自卑的時候,你總是稱讚我。最近我總是擔心上不到大學,你卻堅持說我一定行。

是你讓我學習古典音樂,小時候你就喜歡帶我和弟弟去大會堂、文化中心等去看音樂劇、管弦樂、芭蕾舞劇。雖然小時候不懂得欣賞,但是這些都是我學習音樂的啟蒙體驗。

是你省吃省用卻把金錢花在我和弟弟身上,不過我學會了,接著四年的大學生活我也會省吃省用的,因為我還是個學生。

***
If I could highlight the whole song for you, I would. Thank you for being an amazing mum and thank you for sacrificing the lovely life you and dad could have without us two. I know life is not a bed of roses but mama you are my best friend and my inspiration. I know whatever happens in the coming month you will be ever so supportive. I love you, mama xxxx

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

韓國的四人女子R&B組合-Big Mama (빅마마)

韓國的R&B女王-仁順伊

牙齒矯正日記-下次可以拆牙套了!